Program Descrip:on:This course is will prepare the chiroprac9c physician to prac9ce Trigger Point Needling (TrPtDN) for Neuromusculoskeletal condi9ons. A variety of TrPtDN techniques will be taught in the 25 hours, enabling the prac99oner to diagnose and safely treat NMS condi9ons with conﬁdence.
Upon successful comple9on of this program, the registrant will be able to:
1. Demonstrate Clean Needle Techniqueand understand Infec9onControl
2. Perform safe and precise needling of the anatomical structures following standardized safety procedures including the clean needling technique, the safe inser9on protocols along with the safe needle removal and disposal, and blood management protocols.
3. Understand the concepts of Trigger Point Needlingandhowitdiﬀeren9atesfromAcupuncture.
4. Develop an understanding of the diﬀerent theories and methods of Trigger Point Needling.
5. Demonstrate and understand proper Trigger Point Needling Techniques.
6. Understand various treatmentprotocolsfortrea9ngNeuromusculoskeletalcondi9ons,including Peripheral Nerve Entrapment Syndromes.
7. Understand risk management and how to Inform pa9ents and other prac99oners about the possible adverse eﬀects of acupuncture interven9ons, based on current informa9on published in the peer reviewed literature.
Trigger point Needling Techniques, Diﬀeren9al Diagnosis, Documenta9on & Recordkeeping, Proper & Ethical Billing and Coding, Rehabilita9on, Risk Management
We will be u9lizing PowerPoint presenta9ons, lecturing, and hands-on needling.