This program is a LIVE INTERACTIVE Webinar. Live webinars are considered live credits, not distance learning.
Requirements to attend a live webinar:
- You will need a smartphone, tablet, laptop or desktop computer to view it. If using a smartphone or tablet, it is best to have the app for the program on your device (i.e. Zoom, GoToWebinar).
- To verify your continued attendance during the class, you will need a microphone, webcam or the ability to type into the program’s live chat.
- Instructors or school personnel will take attendance periodically throughout the class.
- Instructors may call on participants.
- To verify attendance, a code word may be given sometime during the class.
- You will be required to complete and return an evaluation after the course has ended. The evaluation may ask what code word was given.
- You may not receive your Certificate of Completion if we cannot verify your attendance.
Live webinar invitations are emailed to registered students as the course date nears (approximately one day prior to the class).
Certificates of Completion are emailed to students approximately 5 business days after the course.
This live webinar is an adaptation of the much longer course that we have offered on this topic. It is approved for 3 CEUs for NJ chiropractors and massage therapists.*
Objectives: This program will allow the participants to assess and describe common sports injuries that occur in the physically active population. They will be able to identify and observe basic massage techniques for various sports injuries which are utilized in injury rehabilitation protocols.
Upon successful completion of this class, the student should be able to:
- Identify common nomenclature related to sports injuries
- Identify and understand sports injuries to the head, back/spine, thorax, abdomen, upper extremity and lower extremity.
- Understand and observe common sports injury massage treatment techniques
Method of Instruction:Lecture and Demonstration