Key Clinical Takeaways
• Infinite insults to the CV system result in 3 finite responses to the artery: inflammation, oxidative stress, and vascular immune function, which lead to endothelial dysfunction, vascular dysfunction and structural disease, CHD, and CHF.
• Endothelial dysfunction is the earliest marker and predictor of future CHD. • The cardiovascular system is an innocent bystander to the correct defensive response to these infinite insults that become chronically deregulated.
• CV medicine is a process as are other “diseases,” and all are interrelated within a metabolic systems biology approach.
• Start early detection with the evaluation of biomarkers, expanded advanced CHD risk factor analysis, micronutrient testing, risk scoring systems, CV genetics, gene expression testing, and noninvasive and invasive cardiovascular testing. • There is a continuum of risk with all CHD risk factors.
• Begin aggressive, scientifically proven nutrition, nutraceutical supplements, and medications for the prevention and treatment of CHD and CHF