*LIVE CLASS-Attend at our School: we follow all the CDC/State Guidelines for Vocational Schools
Immunology and Genetics –The Future Basis of Medical Diagnosis and Management
6 CEUs for NJ Chiropractors
As we see patients undergoing treatment, diagnosis and therapies are under a new “scrutiny”. Medicine has treated diseases for many years but sometimes the therapy is, and sometime is not, successful or there are unpredictable side effects. A current biological scientific focus is on what underlies these issues and what could be predictable treatment – our immune system and our genetics.
Overview of the Human Immune System
- What exactly are the components of our immune system – keeps us alive and functioning (most of the time).
- What defends us from being eliminated when we get an infection or a viral attack (the common “cold”)
- The two basic immune systems – Innate and Adaptive – our saviors.
- However, at times, our “savior immune system” may cause body side effects or damage (eg. Allergy). Why?
- Practitioners have had Hepatitis B and COVID-10 vaccines (hopefully) – what exactly is a vaccine, how does it protect us?
- The pluses and minuses of an amazing system – you have survived bodily attacks for many years. Why is it that our immune system cannot prevent us from getting a cancer?
- Genetics –– Who you are and what you are and what can lead to patient’s medical and dental disease.
- What exactly is our genetic structure that builds our body parts or determines if we have blue or brown eyes:
- DNA – the body cell planner
- RNA – the body cell construction director
- Ribosomes – the body cell manufacturer
- What exactly is a gene? Our genes exert further control on the construction crew – so why does one have blue eyes and one has brown eyes?
- Telomeres – what is the part of our genetics that contributes to aging?
- How do our genes influence the potential development of cancer?