1-hour webinar will provide the current understanding of concussion
pathophysiology and an overview of clinical guidelines relating to diagnosing
and managing head trauma in the pediatrics and adolescent population. The
presentation will cover the best practices for return-to-learn and
return-to-play criteria and a review of concussion prevention technologies.
- Describe the current pathophysiological understanding of concussions to their patients.
- Recognize signs and symptoms that may lead to prolonged recovery in pediatric and adolescent patients.
- Explain the proposed methods behind concussion prevention and if any methods are successful in preventing concussions.
- Create a return-to-learn plan for patients based on the current clinical guidelines.
- Concussion and Head Trauma Pathophysiology
- Factors increasing head trauma symptomatology
and recovery in the pediatric and adolescent population.
- Brief clinical examination overview.
- Return-to-learn and Return-to-Play.
- Concussion Prevention Strategies Assessment.
- Q & A