This course will provide an extensive literature review of the neurophysiology and neuropathology of cognition. A detailed review of lifestyle, dietary, and nutritional applications that may impact cognitive function and or delay the onset of dementia will be presented. A comprehensive review of how to evaluate cognitive function and dementia risk factors with imaging studies, laboratory tests, physical examination neurocognitive tests, and medical history will be presented. A step-by-step approach in evaluating the stages of cognitive decline and clinical strategies to develop lifestyle, dietary, and nutritional applications will be presented.
1. A comprehensive review of the neurophysiology and neuropathology of cognitive decline and dementia
2. A review of the scientific literature for risk factors that promote dementia
3. A review of the scientific literature for nutrients, dietary approaches, and lifestyle applications that impact cognitive decline and dementia.
4. Clinical history and physical examination considerations with cognitive decline
5. Clinical approach to managing cognitive decline with diet, nutrition, and lifestyle