A 6 hour CE course helping the Chiropractor identify and address specific needs and conditions that may arise when treating the pregnant patient. The course will also cover modifications of care and red flags for the pregnant patient.
- Learn and identify at least 3 unique anatomical changes that occur during pregnancy.
- Learn and identify at least 3 ways to modify Chiropractic techniques during pregnancy.
- Expand Chiropractic clinical knowledge of caring for abdominal concerns of the pregnant woman including round ligament pain, hiatal hernia and diastasis recti.
- Learn to identify common red flags that could affect the pregnant woman and how to modify chiropractic care accordingly.
- Understand how to identify and care for pregnant women who present with a breech presentation.
- Learn how to care for multiple non-musculoskeletal conditions associated with pregnancy.
Session 1 outline - 180 Minutes
- ● Anatomy of pregnancy with postural considerations - 30 min
- ● Modifying your adjustment - 25 min
- ● Musculoskeletal Fascial Considerations - 30 min
- ● Developing a Birth Plan and Birth Resources - 20 min
- ● Diet and Exercise in Pregnancy - 25 min
- ● Non musculoskeletal conditions and Red Flags - 50 min
- Session 2 outline - 180 Minutes
- ● Breech presentation and assistance - 40 min
- ● Chiropractic Treatment of Pregnancy - 40 min
- ● Adjunct Treatment Techniques - 50 min
- ● Special Musculoskeletal conditions of pregnancy and “adjusting” your treatment plan accordingly - 50 min
This course will not be available until October 1, 2021
This course has been approved by the Kentucky Board of Chiropractic Examiners