After completing this 4-hour course, the student will walk away with a knowledge of:
· The biology of human lactation.
· The nutritional, emotional, and world-wide importance of breastfeeding.
· The IBCLC (lactation consultant) assessment process and role in lactation.
· The anatomy and physiology of the cranium, spine, muscular, nerve and dural systems in relation to breastfeeding function.
· The clinical applications of normal and pathological function for all structures.
· The developmental and neurological implications of abnormal function.
· Collaboration with other birth professionals in order to give/receive referrals for lactation support.