Course Description: Endurance events such as triathlons are popular worldwide. Triathletes suffer an array of injuries due to long training hours in the disciplines of swimming, biking and running. This two-hour class covers the most common triathlon injuries and the mechanism of how these injuries occur. Anatomy and physiology of the injured areas are described. Symptoms, evaluation and diagnosis are discussed in detail. In-office chiropractic treatment techniques and patient education strategies for triathletes are explained.
1) Detailed description of anatomy and physiology.
2) Tools to increase diagnostic knowledge of injuries common to triathletes.
3)Chiropractic clinical applications to properly treat athletes and help them return to sport. 4) Patient education strategies for prevention and rehabilitation of athletic injuries.
1) Build an increased understanding of anatomy and physiology.
2) Gain clinical knowledge to properly diagnose swimming, biking and running injuries.
3) Arm yourself with greater chiropractic treatment skills. 4) Enhance ability to utilize prevention and rehabilitation strategies in return to sport.