Course Description: Exercises to increase thoracic spine strength, mobility and stability are necessary for lifelong spine health. Thoracic spine dysfunction and poor posture are common sources of painful and performance limiting conditions. This course contains a review of anatomy and physiology of the thoracic spine. This two-hour class details exercises to prevent and rehabilitate thoracic spine injuries and improve posture. The program describes in-depth patient education strategies in prevention and rehabilitation of the thoracic spine.
· Detailed description of anatomy and physiology of the thoracic spine.
· Exercises to prevent and rehabilitate injuries to the thoracic spine.
· Patient education strategies for recovery of thoracic spine conditions.
· Short term and long-term training strategies for the spine.
· Enhance knowledge of thoracic spine anatomy and physiology.
· Develop tools to prevent and rehabilitate thoracic spine injuries.
· Apply skills in the chiropractic management of thoracic spine injuries.