Integrative Dry Needling Institutes Advanced Course
The Advanced Neurologic Dry Needling for Pain Management and Performance Enhancement Course is designed to provide our students with a deeper understanding of the therapeutic effects of dry needling on neuropathic and radiculopathic pain syndromes. The examination and management of peripheral nerve inflammation/sensitization, neuromuscular dysfunction and biomechanical imbalance of the musculoskeletal system will be presented. We will discuss the negative effects that peripheral nerve inflammation has on muscle function and how integrative dry needling can assist in maximizing human (athletic) performance. Integration of Manual Therapy and other treatment options will be included that will complement the efficacy of dry needling treatment. A considerable amount of lab time is focused on assuring safe and effective advanced dry needling skills with an emphasis on clinical decision-making.
PRE-REQUISTE: IDN Foundation Course: Neurologic Dry Needling for Pain Management and Sports Rehabilitation. This course provides understanding of the needling mechanisms and the capability to treat all clinical soft tissue pain cases.
Daily in clinical practice Chiropractors manage soft tissue pain and dysfunction through various techniques from massage, modalities and manual therapy. Dry needling has recently become an accepted treatment modality to address the unique characteristics of soft tissue pain. This course provides a solid framework, within the scope of a Chiropractor’s knowledge and practice, to deliver effective and safe dry needling treatment. There are several benefits for a clinician to learn dry needling. First, there is a growing body of literature pertaining to dry needling that supports the effectiveness of dry needling for treating soft tissue pain, enhancing range of motion, and reducing disability. In addition to its clinical effect, the use of dry needling is on the forefront of discussions by clinicians, physicians, patients, as well as other health care professionals as the popularity surrounding dry needling has increased over the past several years.
Advanced Neurologic Dry Needling for Pain Management and Performance Enhancement course will discuss;
- Integration of dry needling into physical and manual therapy treatment.
- Advanced dry needling techniques for optimizing human performance.
- Clinical safety issues for administering dry needling.
- Understanding of the anatomy and physiology of soft tissue healing timeframe and dry needling technique for tissue remolding,
- Clinical techniques for examination and management of peripheral nerve inflammation and neuromuscular dysfunction,
- Assessment of biomechanical imbalance of musculoskeletal system and dry needling techniques for rebalancing biomechanics,
- Pre and post-symptom treatment in athletic performance,
- How peripheral nervous system inflammation influences musculoskeletal dysfunction and how to manage it with Integrative Dry Needling
- Review of evidence-based research data.
- Independently identify a minimum of three peripheral neuro-trigger points in a given case study.
- Independently integrate the physiological mechanisms into a treatment plan for a given musculoskeletal condition.
- Independently evaluate peripheral nerve (soft tissue) dysfunctions relating to a given musculoskeletal condition and pain.
- Formulate a strategy of prevention and management for adverse responses to dry needling based on OSHA requirements during a case study.
- Independently choose the correct neuro-trigger point treatment sites for safe application of dry needling treatment during lab sessions.
- Correctly defend the IDN system for treatment of musculoskeletal pain based on the unique neurology and physiology of neuro-trigger points.
- Independently integrating the IDN system into the participant’s Chiropratic practice in relation to current clinical, legislative and billing barriers.
The structure of this course 27-hour intensive practical classroom program addresses theory and key principles with extensive supervised participant practice.
- Multiple Keynote presentations with video support will begin each new section.
- Instructor demonstration of the techniques allowing ample time for questions.
- Interactive lab session will follow where the participants practice and discuss each new technique and concept.
- After each interactive lab section is concluded there is an instructor summary and time for any additional questions.
- The IDN Advanced course is a 3-day, 27-hour course.
- Friday 8:00am to 6:00pm
- Saturday 8:00am to 6:00pm
- Sunday 8:00am to 6:00pm
- All labs are experiential, which requires all attendees to perform dry needling as well as receive dry needling during the course.
- A Pre-Reading manual will be available to help you prepare for the course.
- All course needling supplies are provided as well as a course manual.
- Prior to the Advanced course you will be required to take and pass (80%) an online written examination based on the foundation course material and clinical examples.
- At the conclusion of the course a written and practical assessment based on a case study must be passed (80%).
- After successful completion of the IDN Advanced course, you will receive a certificate showing you are certified in dry needling (CIDN) through IDN.
|Instructor||Dr. David Griswold|
|Subject Breakdown||DAY 1 - Update Physiological mechanisms of dry needling/1.0hr - Major neuromuscular point of the Craniofacial pain (lab)/2.25hrs - Major neuromuscular points of Anterior Cervical region/2.25hrs - Electrical Needling Stimulation (lab)/1.25hrs - Major neuromuscular points of the upper limbs/1.75hrs - DAY 2 – Major neuromuscular points of the upper limbs/1.25hrs - Major neuromuscular points of the upper limbs/2.0hrs - Major neuromuscular points of the lumbopelvic region/1.5hrs - Major neuromuscular points of the lower limbs/2.0hrs - Major neuromuscular points of the Lower Limbs/2.5hrs – DAY 3 - Microcirculation lecture/.75hr - Microcirculation Lab/1.25hrs - Specialty needling points/2.5hrs - Administrative/marketing/legal billing issues discussion/1.25hrs - Written test/1.25hrs - Practical Certification examination/2.5hrs|
|Format||In person - Live|